This program will be initiated as a certificate program in which both master’s and doctoral graduate students can participate.
- Stage 1
- Students study two common courses (two credits).
- Stage 2
- In addition to studying at least three credits from the elective course group, students may elect to study courses officially established at partner universities and have these credits recognized (mutual recognition of credits). The Special Seminar for Problem-Solving includes fieldwork at the partner institutions where students are studying abroad, with different content for each of the three exchange programs.
- Stage 3
- Culminates with an international student conference.
In the process of implementing this program, we plan to enhance coordination and consultation between partner universities, and in the future to establish a double degree program at the degree program level.
Image of trainees
- Personnel capable of drafting educational policies with a range of diverse collaborators in order to solve global issues with an understanding of differences in the historical, cultural, values-based, natural, industrial, and social contexts of Asian countries (international organizations, governments of the countries, etc.)
- Personnel who are active on the international stage and capable of explicating the essence and structure of global issues based on the knowledge and research methods of their individual research fields of specialty with an awareness of the unique characteristics of the applicable countries and regions (researchers at universities, public and private research institutions, etc.)
- Personnel capable of comprehending what sorts of scientific knowledge are needed to solve global issues with an understanding of other cultures, broad perspectives, and deep insight who are also capable of academically inquiring into policies for reforming educational systems and curricula (educational studies researchers at universities, international research institutes, and think tanks associated with the governments of the countries)